Friday 14 February 2014

2. Sunday: Sausage, Olive and 5 cheese pasta bake


So slight confession this is my super uber 'when I'm feeling shitty' comfort food recipe. However as I haven't made it yet this year, although its not a brand new recipe I think I can get away with it...maybe. Anyway its very very yummy!

Ingredients:

* 3 Wheat free sausages (asda butchers choice)
* Jar pitted black olives
*Tub Asda soft cheese with chilli (I used to make my own cheese sauce but as wasn't feeling great decided to cheat)
*250g wheat free pasta
*Asda grated 4 cheeses
*Goats cheese log

Method:

1. Cook the sausages in the oven at 200oC for 25 minutes

2 Boil the pasta in water covering it, being wheat free it tends to be more starchy then normal pasta and needs a bit of a stir just to keep it from sticking together.

3. warm up the soft cheese in a sauce pan adding a little water to make it more runny

4. When the sausages are cooked slice up, drain the pasta and mix together in a casserole dish or oven proof tray/bowl with the soft cheese sauce

5. sprinkle with grated cheese and top with sliced goats cheese

6. Place back in the oven for around 15 minutes or until cheese is golden


Review:

In all fairness I could quite happily eat this everyday of my life, I absolutely LOVE it, prob because I'm a sucker for the cheesy goodness...although prob not great for the fat content, or if your lactose intolerance. My daughter found it a bit too spicy with the chilli in the soft cheese sauce and just ate the sausages and olives...so I may just have to re-do this later in the year with my normal cheese sauce (does that count as cheating?!) I would normally serve it with a salad but hubby did the food shop and seemed to forget to buy anything green....

Bonus there was leftovers for lunch the next day as well :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment