Friday 14 February 2014

What it's all about


Heya

So my new years resolution this year was to try and eat more healthy and also eat more different; we somehow managed to fall into a rut of eating the same things week in week out, that's when we aren't getting takeaway! So to give me the incentive to stick with it I have decided to do this food blog (I know we're slightly passed new years) of the weekly menu plans and how the recipes turned out!

OK so the aims I have set myself are to try:

1. To try a different recipe every day I cook for a year. Again I know this is starting February so I will label the days 1-365 (days we eat out at family/friends won't be included).

2. To shop and cook as cost effective and healthy as possible; sometimes there may be higher fat content etc but to try and cook more balanced and fresh foods.

3. The recipes will be wheat free (as I'm wheat intolerant) although if your not things like pasta etc can easily be replaced with wheat alternatives.

4. To try and celebrate/make more of events such as pancake day 

5. To produce photographic evidence, the recipes and reviews of each meal (just to pre-warn you know there will probably be many disasters!)

I'm a stay at home mum that will be cooking for my husband, a 2 1/2 year old and a micro preemie, who is coming up for his 1st birthday but we are still introducing weaning as he just aint that keen on food; unless he has found in from underneath the sofa or it resembles tissue?!  

I will try and keep it varied and interesting but also easy to do recipes for a hectic home life! :o)


2 comments:

  1. Very interested to see what you come up with! Feel free to join us over at UK Bloggers - there are over 1000 of us there with people who blog about various topics :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKBloggersUnited/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :o) sounds fantastic, can't wait to check it out! x

    ReplyDelete