Friday 14 February 2014

6. Thursday Cheese and ham omelet, chips and beans


Whenever I plan to do omelet I always have that *sigh boring* thing going off as I'm preping them. However I'm always shocked by how much I do actually like them; their fast to prep, cook and taste a little bit naughty and a bit like pizza.

Ingredients:

* 5 eggs; 2 for me, 1 for my daughter and 3 for my husband
* Dried mixed herbs
* Salt and pepper 
* Slices of cheddar; about 3 per person
* Torn up ham; about 1 1/2 slices per person
* Small knobs of butter
* Oven chips
* Baked beans
* I added the left over goats cheese sliced to my omelet

Method:

I make up and cook each omelet separately.

1. Place chips on a tray in the oven for 20 minutes

2. Whisk up eggs in a cup with the herbs and seasoning. Cut up cheese and ham so ready to go

3. Heat knob of butter in a frying pan, when melted add the egg mixture and make sure covering all of the bottom of the pan. Throw in cheese and ham

4. With a spatula keep checking the underneath of the omelet and when turning golden colour (this will only take 3 minutes or so) place the frying pan in the oven (or if chips are cooked under the grill for a couple of minutes) until to top of the omelet looks cooked and cheese golden and bubbly.

5. heat the baked beans through and serve together on a plate.

Review:

I would normally have served this with bread and salad but due to the salad shortage in the fridge I reverted to beans and chips. The omelet was nice but I did find that I was still hungry afterwards and def had a case of fridge picking later on; maybe would have been better for a lunch or on a summer day when have less of an appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment