Friday 14 February 2014

4. Tuesday Leftover Stew and cheese on toast






So today didn't go so well, we ended up spending most of the day in A&E with our son who the day before had been diagnosised with a chest infection but over night had deteriorated. Luckily a chest X-ray showed that it hadn't progressed to pneumonia as the doctor was worried, and with steroids, antibiotics and inhalers he's now back on track. 

Because of having no time or energy to sort anything much for dinner I reheated yesterdays stew (which had been earmarked for lunch) and threw some cheese on toast with it as my 2 year old really really really 'needed' cheese on toast and I thought hey why not. Bit of a random mix but was a nice pick me up!

In review the stew tasted even better the second day as the flavours were stronger (although that may have had more to do with my cold receding and thus my sense of taste returning).

No comments:

Post a Comment